Outset: Privacy and Cookies Policy
Limitless Personal Training Limited of 4 Dukes Court, Bognor Road, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 8FX with company number 09327311, trading as Outset (“Outset” or “we” or “us”) cares about and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Outset is registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number on the register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner is ZA089757.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy, together with the Terms, applies to your use of the App, the Website (which together with the App we refer to in this policy as the “Sites”) and the Outset Services we provide you via the Sites.
Except where otherwise expressly stated or where it is clear from the context that this Privacy and Cookies Policy is only applicable to certain Users of the Sites and Outset Services, this Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to all Users of the Sites and Outset Services, including Service Providers.
Capitalised words and phrases which are used in this Privacy and Cookies Policy have the meanings given to them in the Terms, unless otherwise defined in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Please note that this Privacy and Cookies Policy does not apply:
- to third party websites that the Sites link to or from or any third party services that may be accessible through them (for example, websites which advertise the Sites or the Outset Services). Outset does not accept any responsibility for such websites’ privacy policies or for any personal data that may be collected through such websites or services. Please check the privacy policies of third party websites before you submit any personal data to such websites; or
- in respect of information that you choose to provide directly to a Service Provider, such as information in relation to your health and fitness that you provide during a Booking. Outset does not accept any responsibility for any Service Provider’s use of such information.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a data file that a website sends to your browser which is then stored on the device that you are using to browse the website.
- As necessary for website operation; for example to enable you to login [to secure areas of our website] [use a shopping cart] or [make use of other secure services];
- To analyse the use of our website by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around our website. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- To recognise you when you return to our website so that content can be personalised for you, for example, by greeting you by name and remembering your preferences; and
- To record your visit to our website and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We will use this to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
This document gives you information on the specific cookies used on this website.
A SUMMARY OF HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We collect various information about you for various purposes, including to allow you to register for the App and use the Sites and to provide you with the Outset Services.
- We disclose information publicly when Users (excluding Users who are Service Providers) make Submissions. We also disclose information to Service Providers about each User who has made a Booking, and vice versa, so that the Service Providers can provide the Service Provider Services, and in connection with ratings, comments, scores, feedback and complaints. We may also disclose information about you in other circumstances (for example, to third parties we engage to process data on our behalf (including our payment processing partner(s)) and when required to do so by law). Click here to learn more.
- The Sites may be hosted on web servers outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the third parties to whom we transfer information about you may be based outside of the EEA. By using the Sites you agree to the transfer of information about you to jurisdictions outside of the EEA which may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
By using the Sites you are consenting to our collection of the following types of information about you, which we will use in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy:
Information you provide or make available to us
We collect personal information about you when you register for the App and use the Sites, including (as applicable) when you complete or update your profile on the App; communicate with us for any reason; make, accept or cancel Bookings; leave ratings, comments, feedback and/or scores for a Service Provider or User; and make Submissions. Such information may include your:
- contact details (including your address, email address and/or telephone number)
- age, birthday and/or date of birth
- Login (which may include the credentials you use for a third party service such as Facebook if you choose to register for the App using such credentials)
- any information which is publicly available as part of your Facebook profile, if you choose to register for the App using your Facebook credentials
- any information you include in your profile on the App and/or provide to us in connection with a Booking, including any sensitive personal data you choose to provide (for example, relevant information about your health and fitness) and any photograph you choose to upload from your computer, mobile device, technology or other device (“Device”)
Information you provide or make available to us
We may ask each Service Provider to provide us with feedback and an overall score in relation to a User’s condition, strength, endurance and performance during the Booking. Such information may include sensitive personal data (for example, about health and fitness) about the User. If you are a Service Provider, then following each Booking we ask the relevant User to provide a rating and comments about you and the Service Provider Services you provided.
We may collect data about your location from your Device using GPS technology (“Location Data”). Location Data helps the App identify your location in order to help you make a Booking, or if you are a Service Provider to help us match you to Bookings based on your location. We will ask for your consent prior to collecting Location Data from you. You may withdraw such consent at any time by disabling the App’s access to your location using the settings within your Device or the App. If you do not give consent or withdraw it, you will still be able to use the App by manually identifying your location.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Automatic Information Collection
- We may also automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier for the Device you use to access the Sites. A unique identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a website, app or its servers, and we can identify your Device by this number (“Device Identifier”).
The App will ask you to input payment information (including credit card number, expiry date and CVV number) if you want to make a Booking. This information is collected directly by our third party payment processor, which uses such information to process payment from you. Outset itself does not have access to this information.
If you have already provided your payment details through the App and attempt to make another Booking, we ask our third party payment processor for details of the payment method(s) you provided previously so that you do not have to enter them again. These details are only partially made available to us (for example, we only see the last four digits of your payment card number), meaning that we never have access to your complete payment details. The App will then display such details to you so that you may use them to make another Booking.
If you are a Service Provider, we will ask you for your bank account details so that we can make payments to you in respect of Bookings you have attended. We will treat your bank account details in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- Cookies and related technologies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your Device when you visit the Sites. Your Device sends these bits of text back to the Sites every time you visit, so it can recognise you and tailor what you see on the screen.
- We use API tokens and keys in the App to:
- identify and remember your Login so that you do not need to re-enter your Login every time you use the App; and
- analyse and improve your experience of the App, for example to determine what pages, features and links are popular and which ones don’t get used so much, which helps us keep the App relevant and up to date.
- We use Google Analytics cookies in the Website to analyse and improve your experience of the Website and help us keep the Website relevant and up to date, for example to determine what pages, features and links are popular and which ones don’t get used so much. The information collected by these cookies may consist of your Internet browser type, operating system, the parts of the Website you viewed, the time you viewed them, your approximate geographic location, and what other webpages you looked at before viewing the Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. As such the information collected can’t generally be used to identify you personally, but if we can link such information to you then we treat it in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your Device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide the Outset Services, including to process any Bookings or cancellations, communicate your ratings, comments, feedback and scores to the relevant Service Providers or Users (as applicable), and assist with resolving complaints in relation to Bookings;
- to notify you of any changes to the Sites, respond to any communication or request from you and remind you of upcoming Bookings. Such notifications may be by email and/or SMS, and we may also send you push notifications through the App;
- to ask you to submit ratings, comments, feedback and/or an overall score for the User or Service Provider in respect of Bookings you have attended;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and competitions;
- to administer the Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Sites, including to ensure the content on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your Device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Sites, when you choose to do so;
- to make payments to you, if you are a Service Provider;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Sites safe and secure; and
- to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about the Sites and Service Provider Services which are similar to those which were the subject of a previous Booking you made or negotiated. If you do not want us to contact you in this way, please opt-out by ticking the relevant box on the registration form or by following the unsubscribe instructions provided with every e-mail or SMS we send you. If you are a new User, we will contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about products and services only if you have consented to this. You may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us and/or by changing your marketing preferences within the Sites.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
When a Booking is made
When you make a Booking using the App, we will share information about you with the relevant Service Provider so that the requested Service Provider Service can be provided, including your name, gender, your mobile telephone number, details of the Service Provider Service you have requested, the Appointment Time, the location where the Booking will take place, any information which is available as part of your profile on the App (including any sensitive personal data you have chosen to provide (for example, relevant information about your health and fitness) and your photograph), your age-range, and details of your average score and performance history if you have made previous Bookings.
If you are a Service Provider, we will share information about you with Users including your full name, gender, any information available on your profile within the App and your photograph. We will also share your mobile telephone number to any User who makes a Booking with you.
When there is a complaint about a Booking
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint in relation to a Booking, we may also share some or all of the following information with the Service Provider (as applicable to the nature of your complaint): your name, your mobile telephone number, your email address, details of the Service Provider Service you requested, the Appointment Time and location for the Booking, and/or details of your complaint (which may include any relevant sensitive personal data that you have chosen to provide).
If you are a Service Provider we may share with the User who has made the complaint any information we hold about you which we consider to be relevant to the complaint.
Ratings, comments, submissions, feedback and scores
If you provide a rating and/or comments about a Service Provider, we may share such rating and/or comments with the Service Provider.
If you are a Service Provider, we may also share the feedback and overall score you provide about a User who has made a Booking with the relevant User.
Third parties (including other Users and Service Providers) may also view and use any Submissions you submit to the Sites.
We cannot control how third parties may use ratings, comments, feedback, scores and/or Submissions, and this Privacy and Cookies Policy does not apply to such third party use.
Please therefore ensure that your ratings, comments, Submissions, feedback and scores (as applicable) do not contain any information that you do not want to be seen by the relevant third parties.
Third parties providing services on our behalf
We engage a third party to process payments from Users on our behalf. In addition, we may engage third parties to perform other functions on our behalf, such as carrying out credit reference checks, hosting or operating the Sites, sending e-mail communications, and data analysis. We may share your information with such third parties, including any information which is available as part of your profile on the App (including where reasonably necessary to do so, any sensitive personal data you have chosen to provide (for example, relevant information about your health and fitness)). We ask such parties to maintain appropriate security measures to protect such information from unauthorised access or processing.
When you agree to have your information shared
Legal and other disclosures
We may transfer and disclose information about you (which may include sensitive personal data we hold about you, if reasonably required) to third parties if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose information about you to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Outset or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by it about Users will be one of the transferred assets;
- we are under a duty to disclose or share information about you in order to comply with Applicable Laws or a lawful request from any governmental or regulatory authority; in order to enforce or apply the Terms or any other agreement between you and Outset; to investigate potential breaches of such Terms or other agreement(s); or to protect the rights, property, safety and/or security of Outset or of any third party (including other Users and Service Providers). This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- We or any of the parties with whom we share information about you (including any sensitive personal data we hold about you) may transfer information about you to, and store it at, a destination outside the EEA. In particular, such information may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the processing of Bookings, cancellations and payments and the provision of support services. By using the Sites, you agree to such transfer, storage and processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- All information you provide or make available to us (including any sensitive personal data we hold about you) is stored on our secure servers.
- Any payment transactions carried out by our third party provider of payment processing services will be securely encrypted.
- We may store data, including personal data, on your Device using application data caches, browser web storage and other technology in order to improve your use of the Sites and to shorten the time it takes to load the Sites each time you access them.
WHAT WE DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
- Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect and secure your information.
- However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your information when it is being transmitted to the Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Where you have consented to receive marketing in accordance with section 5.1.10 above, you have the right to ask us not to continue using your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us and/or by opting out of marketing using the settings within the Sites.
- You have the right to access information we hold about you. We may charge you a small fee to process your request to receive such information. The fee we charge will not exceed any limit set by Applicable Laws. If you would like a copy of some or all of such information, please contact us.
- You may ask us to correct or remove information about you that you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
- We hope you will be happy with the way we handle your information but if not you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner – for more information visit http://www.ico.gov.uk/.
- Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you when you next use the App or the Website. The new Privacy and Cookies Policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept it to continue using the Sites and/or the Outset Service.
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please contact us. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated on 15 July 2016.
GET THE APP
An intuitive in-app experience that speeds you to best personal trainers and wellness practitioners in your area.